Careers in Science
Purdue University and the College of Science offer multiple ways to assist our students in their career development from career exploration to graduate school preparation to finding a job at the completion of a degree.
Tamara Clarkson is the College of Science’s Career Development and Retention Specialist. She’s here to assist students with developing a greater understanding of themselves as a career professional and the opportunities that a College of Science degree provides.
Students can schedule a career consultation with Tamara to:
- Discuss your career interests, values and concerns.
- Receive targeted resource material related to fields of interest.
- Take the Strong Interest Inventory and MBTI career assessments in order to increase confidence in making career decisions.
Career Consultants are also available in the Center for Career Opportunities (CCO) located in Stewart Center, Room 194. The CCO offers a variety of clinics that focus on job search topics including:
- Resume composition
- Interview preparation
- Case interview preparation
- Job search strategies
- Using myCCO, an online tool that connects job seekers with employers
- Calendar of career fairs
Every September, Purdue hosts one of the largest student run job fairs in the country, the Industrial Roundtable . Over 270 companies come to Purdue looking for summer internships, co-ops, and permanent placement. For a complete listing of campus career fairs, click here.
Purdue students also receive career guidance, networking with potential employers, and job placement information through their academic advisors, academic departments, and student organizations.