Resources for Students
- Add or drop a class using myPurdue
- Scheduling Assistant
- Tips for Waitlisting a Course
- How to Waitlist - Information from the Registrar
- Emergency Contact and Financial Obligation HOLDS
- Registration Calendar and Add/Drop Deadlines
- Grades, Pass/Fail, and Repeating Courses
- Information on Grades, Adds, Drops, and Overrides from Purdue Academic Advising
myPurduePlan (MPP) and the Student Educational Planner (SEP)
- Are you using these tools? Check this out to see why you should! And this!
- Help with SEP (aka the Plans tab)
- Go here for instructional videos for MPP and SEP
- Download an 8-semester planning worksheet here(PDF).
- Multiple GPA calculators are located within MPP. Click here for a GPA calculator that takes retakes into consideration.
Planning on changing your major (CODO) or adding an additional major?
- Be sure you are aware of the requirements to do so. See Purdue's CODO page to find the requirements to CODO into any department.
PROBATION = semester OR cumulative GPA <2.0
If you are already on Probation and your:
- cumulative GPA is < 2.0 and semester GPA is ≥ 2.0 = PROBATION
- semester GPA is < 2.0 and cumulative GPA is ≥ 2.0 = PROBATION
- semester AND cumulative GPA < 2.0 = DROPPED
Are you planning on applying for Graduate School?
- Preparing for Graduate School
- Planning for Graduate Work in Chemistry from the American Chemical Society
- How Not to Apply to Grad School from Science Magazine
- How to Go to Graduate School in Biology (from Brown University)
Avoid using symbols like + % $ @ & in your passwords! This can cause your myPurduePlan to not open.
Be on time for your appointments - when you are late, you cause each appointment after you to be late.
Include your first and last name in your emails. Including your PUID can also be helpful.
Once you have used your Registration PIN in myPurdue each semester, it is stored in myPurdue under "Registration PIN" on the Academic Tab.