Applying to Purdue

When you apply to Purdue, you must specify the Purdue college, school, or program that you wish to enter. Within the College of Science, you may choose from one of our seven major programs which includes over 40 majors, or you may apply for "undecided science."

Purdue Office of Admissions uses an online application form. FAQs about applying to Purdue.

Admission criteria:

Transfer Credit Information

Important Deadlines

The Office of Admissions can help you keep tabs on important deadlines.

Advanced Credit

If you take an advanced placement course, you must validate that credit through an exam to get credit for the course at Purdue. We recognize scores for many advanced placement exams. You also may take free placement tests during Summer Transition, Advising, and Registration (our advance registration program) and the week before classes begin. These tests offer you a chance to earn credit and place into higher levels of courses.

In addition, Purdue recognizes the International Baccalaureate (IB) program and works with students who participate. The University grants credit for most higher-level IB subject exams and for some standard-level exams with a score of 5 or higher.

Dean of Students Testing Center

Schleman Hall, Room B42 (494-1146)

Provides individual vocational interest, aptitude, ability, and personality tests for career planning and academic purposes administers advanced credit exams in conjunction with academic departments and CLEP "test out" exams, independent study exams, coordinates national pre-professional entrance exams: GRE, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, and NTE.


Purdue University College of Science, 150 N. University St, West Lafayette, IN 47907 • Phone: (765) 494-1729, Fax: (765) 494-1736

Student Advising Office: (765) 494-1771, Fax: (765) 496-3015 • Science IT, (765) 494-4488

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science Webmaster.