Admission to Master's in Data Science in Finance
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or equivalent
- An applicant’s prior education must include the following prerequisites:
- (1) one semester of Linear Algebra
- (2) two semesters of Calculus (Limit, Differentiation, and Integral)
- It is recommended that applicants show successful completion of the following undergraduate courses:
- (1) one semester of Probability
- (1) one semester of Statistics
- (1) one semester of Computer Programming
- (1) one semester of Multivariable Calculus**
Students who are strongly motivated and have demonstrated high aptitude may be admitted to graduate programs while they fill in background courses.
|Semester||Application Deadline||Start Date|
|Spring 2023||December 1, 2022||January 9, 2023|
|Fall 2023||July 14, 2023||August 21, 2023|
Interested applicants will complete an online application with the Purdue Graduate School. You must submit all the items below to be considered for the MS in Data Science in Finance. These documents are reviewed holistically to select well qualified and prepared students for the program.
- An application fee of $60 ($75 for international students)
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose - 200 words or less
- *English proficiency scores: required for all non-native English speakers
- International Students only: Submit a copy of each diploma received in the original language and English translation
*The GRE or GMAT exam is not required for admission. Applicants who have taken the GRE or GMAT exam may upload their scores into the online application system for consideration.
*English Proficiency testing is required for international applicants. It will be waived for applicants who have received a baccalaureate degree or graduate or professional degree, within the last 24 months at the time of recommendation for admission, from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in a country/location where English is the native language.
Request More Information