Admission to the MS in Data Science Program
|Semester||Application Deadline||Start Date|
|Spring 2022||December 1, 2021||January 10, 2022|
|Fall 2022||July 30, 2022||August 22, 2022|
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or equivalent
- Undergraduate courses in probability, statistics, and computer programming (recommended)
- A good background of calculus and linear algebra is recommended
Students who are strongly motivated and have demonstrated high aptitude may be admitted to graduate programs while they fill in background courses.
Interested applicants will complete an online application with the Purdue Graduate School. You must submit all the items below to be considered for the MS in Data Science in Finance. These documents are reviewed holistically to select well qualified and prepared students for the program.
- An application fee of $60 ($75 for international students)
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose - 200 words or less
- Supplemental Diversity Essay - 200 words or less (optional)
- *English proficiency scores: required for all non-native English speakers
- International Students only: Submit a copy of each diploma received in the original language and English translation
*The GRE or GMAT exam is not required for admission. Applicants who have taken the GRE or GMAT exam may upload their scores into the online application system for consideration.
*English Proficiency testing is required for international applicants. It will be waived for applicants who have received a baccalaureate degree or graduate or professional degree, within the last 24 months at the time of recommendation for admission, from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in a country/location where English is the native language.
Request More Information