The Travel Center for the College of Science is here to help you with Concur questions and general Purdue Travel Policy to enable you to prepare your Trip Requests and Travel Expense Reports when contacting us using our email address.

Using the menu, you can access very helpful information regarding Travel credit card application, Concur information, travel guidelines, help sessions/training for Concur, and travel forms.

We will be offering help sessions to help navigate Concur in a hands on environment and to answer questions when you have multiple inquiries that are easier to manage one to one. The help sessions will rotate around campus to provide easy access to all Travelers when help is needed.

My first Purdue travel: what do I do?

  1. Apply for a travel credit card (PDF): Complete, sign and submit using
  2. If you will be driving during this trip, including driving yourself to/from the airport, complete the Driver approval form (RM01D, PDF). Complete, sign and submit it using
  3. Login to the Concur travel program from the One Campus page and click on the "Travel System: Concur" tile..
  4. Add delegates to your account by using the Adding a delegate (PDF) document.
  5. Complete the Trip Request in Concur by using the Quick reference to creating a trip request (PDF) document.
    • Have the account number(s) to which this trip will be charged ready for input in this stage.
  6. When you receive an email from your Department Business Office stating that your Travel Card is ready, pick it up in that office.
  7. For assistance, email

You can begin to book your travel arrangements according your needs and the established Purdue Travel Guidelines. Use the Concur Quick Tips (PDF) for standard guidelines.


  • Get a receipt for all expenses over $75. Keep all receipts until the Expense Report is completed and approved.
  • You can upload Concur to your mobile phone and upload receipts instantly by taking a photo in the Concur App.

I completed my trip, what do I do next?

  1. Upload receipts to Concur using one of two options:
    • Using the mobile app, take a picture of each receipt.
    • Scan the receipts to a file on your laptop or computer. Then, open the Concur tile from the Purdue One Campus page, login, and upload your scanned receipts to your Concur account.
  2. If you are unable to process the Expense Report yourself in Concur, complete the Travel Expense Details form (PDF) and submit the form and all receipts, using one of two options below.
    • Combine the scanned receipts and the Trip Expense Details form into a PDF file and send it to
    • Place the completed form and all of the receipts together and give them to your Business Office to be delivered to the College of Science Travel Center in LILY 1-412.
  3. Login to Concur from Purdue One Campus. Click the Concur tile and follow the Quick reference for travel expense report completion (PDF).
  4. Import expenses to the respective Expense Report file you are completing.
  5. Attach receipts from your uploaded receipts library to each line expense shown for your Travel Card and each expense line item you create for any expenses not charged to your travel card that you are claiming.
  6. Make sure all expenses have posted to your credit card before submitting your report.
    • Note: some expenses such as Tolls and Foreign hotel and restaurants/vendors have a delay in posting to your credit card.
  7. For additional detailed instructions, please go to the Concur QRGs page.
  8. If you have questions, please email

Important links and forms

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


Booking Travel in Concur (PDF)

Study Abroad

Study abroad travel is part of the Study Abroad Programs. Group travel and arrangements are the responsibility of the Program Coordinator. Administrative Support in most departments can assist with contacting Altour at its dedicated Purdue help line to book group flights, hotels, etc. This Purdue contact number is (855) 512-7955.


  • You will need the account number you will be charging, trip dates/destinations, and names of travelers.
  • If you are not using Altour to book the travel, you will need a credit card to reserve bookings. Two options are available to accommodate costs which exceed your Travel Card limit.
    • Option A: Request an increase to your Travel Card limit with your Account or Business Manager in the Business Office.
    • Option B: Work with your Department Business Office to obtain its credit card number with a high dollar limit to be used for the bookings and provide immediate receipts and confirmations to the Business Office upon confirmation of booking(s).

Field Trips

Booking busses or University vehicles and placing multiple registrations/entry fees are Department Faculty and Administrative Support responsibility. Multiple registrations for undergraduate students can be done through your local Business Office, using a Department credit card on file and having the student bring a laptop to complete the process in the Office, or borrowing a computer in office to complete the brief task. Directions for booking busses and University fleet vehicles are given below.

Bus Rental

Complete the Bus Estimate Form and then email it to

Tip: You will need the account number to charge, approximate number of travelers, and date and times for each pickup and drop off for the event.

University Car/Van Fleet Rental

Rental is done directly with Transportation Services. Please use the Universal car fleet rental form. Complete the form, obtain the account number and your business office's signature, and send the form to

Travel questions

Travel Website


Government Per Diem Rates

Cost Comparison Requirements

Fixed Meal Allowance

Traveler Checklist (Excel)

Fast Park & Relax

Travel/Concur help sessions

This content is coming soon.

Purdue University College of Science, 150 N. University St, West Lafayette, IN 47907 • Phone: (765) 494-1729, Fax: (765) 494-1736

Student Advising Office: (765) 494-1771, Fax: (765) 496-3015 • Science IT, (765) 494-4488

© 2018 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science Webmaster.