ScienceScape is a one-week residential camp that provides opportunities for middle school students to experience science in a fun yet meaningful manner. This year's camp will be held from June 22 - 27. While young women are the target population, this pre-college program is intended to increase the pool of young people, of all genders and ethnicities, interested in a career in the sciences.
The program began in 1992 by Women in Physics (WIP) and the Purdue Physics Department. Based on a hands-on philosophy, ScienceScape provides young students with the opportunity to investigate fields such as physics, ecology, math, chemistry, biology, and computer sciences.
Participants are housed in an air conditioned University residence on Purdue's West Lafayette Campus.
ScienceScape 2014 | June 22 - 27
During the application process, please submit the following:
- 2014 ScienceScape Application
- Teacher Recommendation Letter - Must be submitted by an educator.
- Student Essay
- Current Photo of Student (Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.) Make the subject line: ScienceScape 2014 – (Student’s name)
Once accepted to ScienceScape, please submit the following:
- Scholarship Application Form (If Applicable)
- Medical/Photo Release Form
- Boiler Challenge Form
- Parent Information Form
If you cannot attend our camp, there are a number of other programs available. Please visit the Purdue Catalog for Youth Programs.
For questions or comments, please contact email@example.com