- inverse problems and microlocal analysis, and applications in exploration seismology and global seismology, coupled to geodynamics
- multi-dimensional imaging, inverse scattering and tomography
- nonlinear inverse boundary value problems: direct and iterative reconstruction; geometric inverse problems
- development of multiscale methods and nonlinear theories of generalized functions applied to scattering and inverse scattering in media of low regularity, highly discontinuous and random media
- structured matrix based methods, and massively parallel algorithms
Journey to the Center of the Earth
News and Events
- 07/25/2013Post-Doc Position openingRead more.
- 07/25/2013PhD student openingRead more.
- 08/24/2012Local analysis of inverse problems: Hölder stability and iterative reconstructionRead more.
- 08/01/2012Data analysis tools for uncertainty quantification of inverse problems Read more.
- 05/27/2011Seismic Imaging of Transition Zone Discontinuities Suggests Hot Mantle West of HawaiiRead more.
Lipschitz stability of an inverse boundary value problem for a Schrödinger type equation
with E. Beretta and L. Qiu , SIAM J. Math. Anal. (2013) in print
Multi-scale discrete approximation of Fourier Integral Operators associated with canonical transformations and caustics
with G. Uhlmann, A. Vasy and H. Wendt , SIAM MMS (2013) in print
Retrieval of a Green’s function with reflections from partly coherent waves generated by a wave packet using cross correlations
with J. Garnier, S.F. Holman and K. Sølna , SIAM J. Appl. Math. (2013) in print
Maarten V. de Hoop
Geo-Mathematical Imaging Group
Department of Mathematics
Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA