- inverse problems and microlocal analysis, and applications in exploration seismology and global seismology, coupled to geodynamics
- multi-dimensional imaging, inverse scattering and tomography
- nonlinear inverse boundary value problems: direct and iterative reconstruction; geometric inverse problems
- development of multiscale methods and nonlinear theories of generalized functions applied to scattering and inverse scattering in media of low regularity, highly discontinuous and random media
- structured matrix based methods, and massively parallel algorithms
Journey to the Center of the Earth
News and Events
- 07/25/2013Post-Doc Position openingRead more.
- 07/25/2013PhD student openingRead more.
- 08/24/2012Local analysis of inverse problems: Hölder stability and iterative reconstructionRead more.
- 08/01/2012Data analysis tools for uncertainty quantification of inverse problems Read more.
- 05/27/2011Seismic Imaging of Transition Zone Discontinuities Suggests Hot Mantle West of HawaiiRead more.
Exact and approximate expansions with pure Gaussian wavepackets
K. Gröchenig and J. L. Romero, SIAM J. Appl. Math. (2014) in print View
A convergence analysis of a multi-level projected steepest descent iteration for nonlinear inverse problems in Banach spaces subject to stability constraints
with O. Scherzer and L. Qiu, Numerische Mathematik (2014) in print View
Diffraction from conormal singularities
with G. Uhlmann and A. Vasy, Annales Scientifiques de l'ENS (2014) in print View
Maarten V. de Hoop
Geo-Mathematical Imaging Group
Department of Mathematics
Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA