- inverse problems and microlocal analysis, and applications in exploration seismology and global seismology, coupled to geodynamics
- multi-dimensional imaging, inverse scattering and tomography
- nonlinear inverse boundary value problems: direct and iterative reconstruction; geometric inverse problems
- development of multiscale methods and nonlinear theories of generalized functions applied to scattering and inverse scattering in media of low regularity, highly discontinuous and random media
- structured matrix based methods, and massively parallel algorithms
Journey to the Center of the Earth
News and Events
- 07/25/2013Post-Doc Position openingRead more.
- 07/25/2013PhD student openingRead more.
- 08/24/2012Local analysis of inverse problems: Hölder stability and iterative reconstructionRead more.
- 08/01/2012Data analysis tools for uncertainty quantification of inverse problems Read more.
- 05/27/2011Seismic Imaging of Transition Zone Discontinuities Suggests Hot Mantle West of HawaiiRead more.
Reconstruction of a conformally Euclidean metric metric from local boundary diffraction travel times
S.F. Holman, E. Iversen, M. Lassas and B. Ursin, SIAM J. Math. Anal. (2014) in print View
Recovering the isometry type of a Riemannian manifold from local boundary diffraction travel times
S.F. Holman, E. Iversen, M. Lassas and B. Ursin, J. Math. Pures Appl. (2014) in print View
Exact and approximate expansions with pure Gaussian wavepackets
K. Gröchenig and J. L. Romero, SIAM J. Math. Anal. (2014) in print View
Maarten V. de Hoop
Geo-Mathematical Imaging Group
Department of Mathematics
Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA