You probably already know that you are about to embark on one of the most exciting stages in your life! As you are making your college decision, I’d like to share some of the things that our students have told us they appreciate:
- We represent seven departments with internationally renowned faculty, world-class facilities, and an outstanding history of producing both academic and industry scientists with an impressive 90 percent graduate placement rate within six months (average rate since 2006 commencement). Our knowledge and friendly faculty, staff and academic advisors will help you discover your strengths and guide you to graduation and beyond;
- Our coursework prepares you for a broad range of careers, graduate education, and professional schools such as medicine, law, and business;
- You will develop leadership, teamwork, and communication skills by working with an incredibly broad range of fellow Boilermakers - in class and in student organizations;
- You will begin with courses in your major immediately, taught by faculty who are experts in their fields;
- You will have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research with faculty as early as your freshman year;
- There are more than 35 career fairs on campus attended by hundreds of companies that come to Purdue to interview students for internships and permanent positions; Purdue ranks fourth by corporate recruiters in preparing students for the work force.
- Be sure to take advantage of personalized academic and career counseling.
Since there’s no substitute for experience, our recruiting office can help you plan a visit to campus where you can shadow a student, interact with current science students for the “inside scoop,” or meet with faculty in your field. Any of our staff are always available to answer questions that you or your parents may have.
For more information, call (765) 494-1990, or e-mail to: ScienceRecruiting@purdue.edu.
Jeff Roberts, Dean