About Science K-12 Outreach
Science K-12 Outreach coordinators act as resources and facilitators, establishing cooperative relationships with elementary and secondary schools to bring about changes in the quality of education. Our Programs link the expertise of the College of Science faculty with students, teachers, parents, schools, and school systems through collaborative interactions. Since its inception, Science K-12 Outreach has reached more than 7,000 teachers and 580,000 students by traveling to Indiana schools with programs, laboratory equipment, and other activities aimed at the improvement of science and mathematics education.
The mission of Purdue University College of Science K-12 Outreach is to support the application of science education to address societal needs and to work towards the goal of a scientifically literate population by interaction with communities within and beyond the University boundaries. The primary activity of the College of Science K-12 Outreach is engagement that disseminates science knowledge and educational best practices to the K-12 educational community. In support of these activities, the College of Science K-12 Outreach program engages in discovery to determine best practices in science education and learning to improve preparation of pre-service teachers in science education.
In its commitment to these activities, the College of Science Outreach Program
- Provides leadership and support in the application of new scientific knowledge to the betterment of the State and the Nation.
- Fosters the development of scientific leaders and a scientifically literate citizenry by providing leadership and support within the State and beyond for science education at the primary and secondary levels.
- Enhances scientific education and research through involvement on and beyond the campus, utilizing the most advanced technologies.
- Provides a program nationally recognized for its excellence.
College of Science K-12 Outreach has a strategic plan aligned with the Purdue University and College of Science strategic plans emphasizing Discovery, Learning, and Engagement. The annual reports contain metric data and descriptions of activities related to the strategic plan.
- Annual Report 2007
- Academic Year Report 2006-2007
- Annual Report 2006
- Academic Year Report 2005-2006
- Annual Report 2005
- Academic Year Report 2004-2005
- Annual Report 2004
College of Science K-12 Outreach